Friday, February 15, 2008

Envy On The Coast - Lucy Gray

I think I heard about Envy On The Coast about a year ago. I was probably flipping through a copy of AP or something and their EP was getting buzzed like crazy. Now, normally an endorsement from Alternative Press acts as a fantastic reference point for what bands to avoid but, honestly, the critical salve was so gooey I went ahead and downloaded the EP off of iTunes. What I heard was no less than one of the finest examples of modern melodic progressive post-hardcore this side of Glassjaw. 'Lucy Gray', EOTC's debut full-length makes good on the promise of their earliest efforts. Here are 12 songs that are as passionate as they are tuneful - an absolute refreshment from the cottonmouth of Warped Tour drek that makes up the majority constituent of the current punk rock climate. AWESOME!

0 comments: